- £8,199.00Whether you're hitting a tough singletrack bike trail or off to rip your local, the SCOTT Spark 900 Ultimate AXS is the perfect mountain bike for the job. This high spec SCOTT bike has a Fox 34 SC float up front, a custom FOX Nude shock with the SCOTT TwinLoc Suspension System and a wireless SRAM Eagle AXS Drivetrain out back. The new Spark 900 bike really is the "Ultimate" for flying up and down the trail, time and time again.
- £6,199.00Those World Cup dreams require a World Cup Quality bike. The SCOTT Scale RC 900 World Cup AXS is an incredible, lightweight, stiff, fast mountain bike. Designed with SRAM's new Eagle AXS Wireless shifting, HMX carbon frame and RockShox SID Ult. RLC3 100mm Forks, this World Cup ready SCOTT mountain bike can help you go from Nino Schurter super fan to putting on the leader's jersey.
- £5,399.00Whether you're hitting a tough singletrack bike trail or off to rip your local, the SCOTT Spark 900 is the perfect mountain bike for the job. This high spec SCOTT bike has a Fox 34 SC float up front, a custom FOX Nude shock with the SCOTT TwinLoc Suspension System and a Shimano XTR 1x12 drivetrain. The new Spark 900 bike really is great for flying up and down the trail, time and time again.
- £5,199.00Those World Cup dreams require a World Cup Quality bike. The SCOTT Scale RC 900 World Cup is an incredible, lightweight, stiff, fast mountain bike. Designed with SRAM X01 Eagle Trigger shifting, HMX carbon frame and RockShox SID Select+RL3 100mm Forks, this World Cup ready SCOTT mountain bike can help you go from Nino Schurter super fan to putting on the leader's jersey.
- £3,699.00What makes the SCOTT Scale RC 900 Pro? Could it be its incredibly light carbon fibre frame? Or how about a mountain bike spec fit for racing at the world's highest level? All of these things and more go into making the Scale RC 900 Pro live up to its name.
Regular Price: £5,099.00
Special Price £3,499.00The Ransom. 170mm of trail munchin', climb crushing, stage winning all day pinning mountain biking excellence. The 910 comes equipped with our TwinLoc Suspension System, a Sram Eagle groupset and Syncros components to help you get away with murder, regardless of your ability level.
Regular Price: £4,999.00
Special Price £3,299.00The Genius was put on this earth to get you up mountains with ease and to get you back down them in a flash. The Genius 710/910 features our TwinLoc Suspension System to always optimize your ride. With a Sram Eagle drivetrain and Syncros components, the Genius 710/910 is action ready. Any Trail. Any Time.
- £2,799.00With the SCOTT Scale RC Team, get yourself on the road to faster lap times. Designed to compete with the best, SCOTT Scale RC Team 2020 has RockShox SID forks, SRAM Eagle Drivetrain and Syncros components, all helping smash those lap times - an incredible mountain bike from SCOTT.
Regular Price: £4,599.00
Special Price £2,600.00
The Scott Genius is the ideal singletrack mountain bike. The Genius 7110 uses a HMF carbon fibre mainframe and aluminium rear swing arm, making this very light for a full suspension mountain bike. Equipped with Shimano XT drivetrain and braking along with the Fox Float 34 suspension, reliablility and performance will not be an issue.
Regular Price: £4,099.00
Special Price £2,500.00
The Scott Genius 720 mountain bike uses a HMF carbon fibre main frame and a lightweight aluminium swingarm to ensure compliance and performance withevery pedal stroke. If you are looking for a full suspension mountain bike ready for any singletrack or trail centre then the Genius 720 will not disappoint.
Regular Price: £4,099.00
Special Price £2,500.00
The Scott Genius 920 is built for performance. This is the perfect mountain bike to use on sinlgle track and even freeriding. Using a lightweight carbon fibre for the frame and Fox suspension this full suspension mountain bike has incredibe handling. Equipped with the Sram Eagle 12 speed groupset, gear selection is not an issue.
Regular Price: £3,899.99
Special Price £2,350.00
The Scott Spark 920 2018 is a full suspension mountain bike which has a lightweight carbon fibre frame and and an alloy swingarm. This model is equipped with a Fox Nude shock and Fox 34 Float suspension. Finished off with the Syncros finishing kit. The 920 29er mountain bike is supplied with the Sram GX gear system, Sram X1 Eagle boost pressfit bottom bracket and Shimano SLX hydraulic disc brakes. The perfect mountain bike for free riding or cross country racing thanks to the Scott Twinlock suspension system.
A Different Animal
Mountain bikes need to be durable, which is why suspension is such a key factor in their manufacture and why carbon fibre isn't as important in the mountain bike industry.
A range of aluminium and Carbon Fibre Mountain bikes are available at Cycle Division, and with the weight of the bike not as much of a factor compared to road bikes the composite material is often overlooked for aluminium or titanium alloys, although as production methods improve, carbon is becoming more popular.
Mountain bikes have low gear ratios to allow their riders to climb high gradients without the leg-busting effort that equivalent mountains would produce on the road. Being able to maintain a high cadence allows the rider to keep momentum on rough terrain which is vital for staying on the bike.
Cost of Quality
Suspension makes them more expensive and as the price range increases, the quality of the cycling components increases in kind with a good quality full-suspension mountain bike likely to set you back quite a few thousand pounds. There are plenty of mid-range mountain bikes made from all types of materials that will be ideal for the regular rider and someone who wants to take up cycling.
Mountain bikes, as well as hybrid bikes, tend to be favoured by entry level riders due to their kinder riding position. On a road bike your posture is always forward, especially if riding in the drops. Mountain bikes have straight handlebars which makes them more comfortable for riders who may be learning or want to get used to riding a bike.