- Additional Information
Cero AR24 Evo Alloy wheelset
Cero AR24 EVO
The test and award-winning Cero AR24’s are back and even better than before - meet the AR24 Evo’s.
An upgraded lighter, tubeless ready, wider profiled rim is included. This accommodates a greater variety of tyre widths which was high on the priority list when designing the Evo range. Pair this with Sapim D-Light spokes fitted as standard and the weight drops from an already impressive 1550g to a class leading 1499g. All before you lose the weight of your old tubes!
Weight saving aside we’re staying strong. The same reliable sub 330g Cero hub set with its rock solid build quality and excellent bearings that have served us so well stays put. We’d struggle to justify updating something that works so effectively
Suitable for on and off road riding and easily light enough for race day duty the AR24 Evo’s are all the wheel you’ll ever need.
Here’s what the press say about the original AR24’s
“Impressively light weight for the price, these will inject a serious dose of speed in to entry level bikes
9/10 (BIKES ETC Magazine Jan 2016)
“The Cero AR24 is a solid, no-nonsense wheelset that’s a good first upgrade choice for low-to-mid-range bikes, or as year-round pothole bashing, slurry fording commuter/trainer wheels” 4/5 (Road CC April 23rd 2015)
We can’t wait to find out what they say about the new AR24 Evo’s!
-24mm Rim Depth
-Weight Pair: 1499+/- 2%
-Cero Branded QR set 110g
-Tubeless Rim Tape Included
-Super smooth sealed cartridge bearings
11spd Shimano/SRAM compatible, for 9/10 speed use spacer provided.
Campagnolo freehub body available.
CERO -22mm wide, 17mm internal width, tubeless.
SAPIM D-Light. A butted spoke is drawn to its specific profile, which defines its high strength.
CERO 7075 alloy 325g hub set with 4 high quality sealed bearings. 3 angle pawls that engage with a 24t ratchet system.
Customer Reviews 10 item(s)
- Excellent Quality and Performance
- I bought a Ribble R872 which came with Mavic Aksium's, however I wanted something lighter. After reading the reviews I was sold on these wheels, so bought a pair and off I went. These wheels are perfect for me, stiff but not overly so, a slight flex under power but never any brake rub. And best of all I saved 400g in weight! Matched with 105 brakes the braking is flawless, probably better then my TRP HY/RD disc brakes, certainly in the dry. Bearings are super smooth and the rear hub makes a pleasing sound. Couldn't be happier with my purchase.
- Excellent Upgrade!
- I bought a pair of AR24s to upgrade from Shimano RS010 wheels which were fitted as standard on my bike. What a difference! The combination of lower weight and good quality bearings makes the bike feel so much faster. I thought I'd spin the front wheel with the bike in a stand to see how long it would go for. 8 minutes later it was still rotating. Very happy with my purchase.
- These wheels Fly!
- Bought these wheels just after the New Year and been itching to go out on them on my Summer bike. I fitted Schwalbe Pro One tubeless as I fancied trying TL and they went on dead easy, fitted by hand, NO levers needed, inflated 1st time with a track pump without sealant and stayed up holding pressure easily. Added sealant and they went up easy like before. Rode them up some good Peak District hills and they fly. I had to hold back as the mate I was with was struggling on his Trek. Its an old saying but... Best Bang for your Buck. Great wheelset and remarkable for the price.
- good but not real weight
- Great wheels. I have the non Evo and just bought the Evos.
On three different scales they came in 1580g.
So not the 1462gs as advertised. So if you're looking for light wheels, don't expect these to be lighter than the non evo.
I think the quality is the same, which is good for its price.
- Excellent Wheelset
- You simply will not get better value for money...Roll well, climb well, seem plenty stiff enough... good buy.
- excellent training wheels
- If you need good, reliable and cheap training wheels don't look any further. For less then 200£ it is ridiculous how good they are. I think I've done about 10k throughout winter months in all weather condition and even raced few crits. The rear wheel was slightly off once, but I true it without problem. Still plenty of meat on breaking surface. Always jet washing them. No problem! Seriously consider buying deep section wheels from them now, as I am very impressed.
- Excellent wheels
- I purchased these wheels for a winter bike I was building. I've now done 450 miles and they have exceeded expectations. They are a superb pair of wheels. Light, comfortable and responsive. They feel as good as a pair of Shimano C24 I had a couple of years ago. I've had no problem with wheel rub - I'm 140lbs and probably don't put out massive power. For me they are ideal and wheels I'd be happy to ride all year (except I spent a kings ransom on some medium section carbon wheels which are rather nice for the best bike). The hubs seem to free. I've got GP4000S II 23mm front and 25mm back - I'll probably stick with 23mm in future these are just a couple of tyres I had available. They both sit well on the wheels but at my weight the 25mm seems to offer no real advantage
My only negative is that they need (slight) truing after a couple of hundred miles - only a slight movement and probably just settling in - I like to have these things right.
- A truly beautiful ride
- These wheels are reviewed as if they are a run of the mill low-mid price wheel in performance. That is so far from the truth. They are one of these best riding aluminium clincher wheels that I have ridden and I started racing in the mid 1960s. Beautifully light, laterally stiff and very responsive and positively sing along at speed. I have them set up tubeless with Schwalbe Pro Ones and in my view they are as close to perfect as you can get. I have a pair of £800 aluminium tubeless wheels - I think these are better . Go buy them, you cant go wrong!
- Excellent value, quality wheelset
- These wheels have replaced some Campag Zonda 2-Way wheels, which tended to last me about 10,000 miles. I won't be going back to the Campag wheels after using these Cero AR24s. Fitting tubeless tyres is a lot easier, the seal is excellent, they are light and incredible value for money. I would highly recommend them.
- Super value
- I bought these to replace my worn out Mavic Ksyrium SL's, I wasn't expecting such a low priced wheel set to perform so well. They feel lighter, faster and smoother than my Mavics.
I have had to change the bearings once after a jet washing the bike a little aggressively. This was straight forward and easy.
Overall I'd happily recommend these to anyone looking for a good upgrade without spending silly money.
Out of the box I weighed them at 1439g, so lighter than the advertised weight.
Write Your Own Review